Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bioheat transfer and fluid flow

Texar Javier Ramírez Guzmán

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day I am working on a model to generate the behavior of an interstitial antenna when it is inside the bone. In addition, it incorporates a cooling system that consists of a plastic tube where the antenna is inserted and water is circulated to reduce the temperature of this antenna. For this, I use the electromagnetic wave module for the antenna, the bioheat transfer module for the bone, and the laminar flow module for the cooling system. What I hope to observe is how the contact of the water with the antenna affects the temperatures reached by the bone. However, up to this point I can't observe anything. I have tried to run two studies, one for electromagnetic waves and bioheat transfer and another study for laminar flow. I really appreciate your advice and comments.

1 Reply Last Post 11.05.2022, 13:45 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 11.05.2022, 13:45 GMT-4
Updated: 2 years ago 11.05.2022, 14:49 GMT-4

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "I can't observe anything"? Are you saying that you have successfully run a model but that the results do not display any temperature rise? Or do you mean something else? If so, what?

What you want to model is definitely feasible with COMSOL, so it's just a matter of figuring what in your set up is causing the model to behave differently that what you expect. If you can upload your .mph file (after clearing the solution to keep the file small, if needed), I think it should be much easier for Discussion Forum to help you. Without a file to look at, we can only speculate.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Can you be more specific about what you mean by "I can't observe anything"? Are you saying that you have successfully run a model but that the results do not display any temperature rise? Or do you mean something else? If so, what? What you want to model is definitely feasible with COMSOL, so it's just a matter of figuring what in your set up is causing the model to behave differently that what you expect. If you can upload your .mph file (after clearing the solution to keep the file small, if needed), I think it should be much easier for Discussion Forum to help you. Without a file to look at, we can only speculate. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.