Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Value from Matlab Livelink call and Value from Comsol model itself doesn't match

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all, I was running a simulation through Matlab Livelink by calling a simulation model I made in Comsol 6.0. I am getting a result that is a little bit incosistancy when I calculated line average of magnitude of a total flux on a boundary by using mphmean on matlab. I am using this line of code on matlab (mphmean(model, 'tds.tfluxMag_c','line','selection',11)) to calculate the line average of the total flux magnitude of a boundary (11). But when I reopened the same file using Comsol and calculate the same line average of boundary (11) using the "Results >> Derived values >> Line Average", the value isn't the same value, there is around 5% difference between the two values. I am wondering why there is this inconsistancies?

1 Reply Last Post 29.03.2022, 08:26 GMT-4
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 29.03.2022, 08:26 GMT-4

If you post your model we may be able to help.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
If you post your model we may be able to help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.