Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unwanted Constraint?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi! I am new to COMSOL and I am having an issue with my model's behaviour that I could use some help with. I have attached a screenshot of my model and circled the area of interest. My goal is to achieve a bowl-like figure as a result of stress, but due to an unknown constraint it seems the leftmost point is unable to move, which is unrealistic. I have included the toolbar in the screenshot to show what I currently have implimented, I believe the issues lies in the Rigid Motion Suppression Domain. If anyone has any advice/knows what might be causing this behaviour please let me know!

1 Reply Last Post 06.07.2021, 17:28 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 06.07.2021, 17:28 GMT-4

Hello Emily,

See this old thread. If you want to control the resulting shape, you need to specify the constraints yourself, as opposed to relying on rigid motion suppression.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Emily, See [this old thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/157462/simulating-uniaxial-tensile-test?last=2017-10-19T19:38:55Z). If you want to control the resulting shape, you need to specify the constraints yourself, as opposed to relying on rigid motion suppression. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.