Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Relating Material Property to Coordinate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to analyze a leaf venation structure using COMSOL to find the maximum deflection of a leaf due to gravity acting on the surface. I am using the structural mechanics module with a beam and shell couple. I have modeled the leaf's veins as beams and the leaf's skin as a shell in my COMSOL file. I drew the geometry of the leaf in AutoCAD and imported it to COMSOL. Each vein of the leaf system has a different radius, but in my geometry I drew all the beams as just 2D lines without a radius. I am wanting to correct analyze this system by incorporating each vein's radius which I have data for in an Excel file. To do this I need to determine each beam's unique ID from COMSOL in order to write .txt file relating the geometry from my COMSOL file to each corresponding radius I have in my data sheet. Is there a way to export the geometry of each beam from my COMSOL file so I have each unique ID in my COMSOL geometry? Or, is there a way to create a function for the material properties for density relating the coordinates of each beam and their respectful radii? Any help would be appreciated. To summarize: I am trying to analyze a large leaf venation system with various radii. Each vein has a different radius but I have not drawn this in the geometry for my structure. If I want to relate the density of my leaf beams to their respectful radii how can I go about this with the coordinates and/or ID's of each beam?

I am attaching the Leaf COMSOL file to this post. Thank you

0 Replies Last Post 05.05.2021, 15:45 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nariman Mahabadi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.