Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Press&Twist- two step stationary study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am attempting to build a model where I press and then twist a mechanical structure (6 beams connected to a base): Step 1: Press downwards (with friction) causing the hairs to bend outwards. Step 2: Twist the entire structure (with friction), starting from the initial position of step 1.

I am using stationary studies and auxiliary sweeps for each step (for convergence and time)- and that seems to be the complication, as step 1 converges, but step 2 fails badly. (I can't use time dependent)

I am using prescribed displacement for step 1 (press), and then rigid connector for step 2 (twist). I added the model (using Comsol 5.6), and screenshots for anyone who can't open it. Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post 05.04.2021, 14:31 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shemaiah Amit

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.