Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Lithium plating simulation & Current distribution variable problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm trying to simulate Lithium plating model, but I've gotten the error.

I combined internal_short_circuit model and pouch_cell_utilization model

like this https://imgur.com/a/pofXAcC.

but I've gotten this error

"Nonlinear solver did not converge. In Current distribution variables: No convergence, even when using the minimum damping factor. Time: 29.644918247650217 s. Last time step is not converged."

I have tried several attempts to solve this. 1. mesh change.(divided the area and used swept as well.) 2. boundary condition change. 3. solver change. 4. Solution written in the manual (General current distribution problem, Tme-dependent Problems with load steps, solver settings, Mesh, ...) 5. etc.

But it didn't work out.

my mph file size is 81MB, so I couldn't upload it. Under link is my google drive link. You can download my mph.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZeX1X-b5o_42ZQ4TyH0q71GadLfHE3jk/view?usp=sharing

please help me.

2 Replies Last Post 14.03.2021, 23:23 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 14.03.2021, 22:39 GMT-4

FYI, if you clear the (attempted) solution and mesh, you can probably save your file in a much smaller file size, and then you can post it here.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
FYI, if you clear the (attempted) solution and mesh, you can probably save your file in a much smaller file size, and then you can post it here.

Posted: 3 years ago 14.03.2021, 23:23 GMT-4

Thank you, Robert Koslover!

Here is my mph file.

Thank you, Robert Koslover! Here is my mph file.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.