Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two points describing the axis vector must be defined

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm trying a simulation of hf heating, after adding the power port, it showed “Errors when compiling the equation, two points describing the axis vector must be defined”. I wonder how to solve it.

2 Replies Last Post 05.01.2021, 03:24 GMT-5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 04.01.2021, 23:06 GMT-5

These points are needed to avoid ambiguity in specifying the orientation of the field at a port. Comsol wants to know the orientation of the field you are specifying, which is why that message appeared. Right click on your port in the Model Builder, to bring up the option to specify the axis vector points. Then select two points on the border of your port, such that if there was a line between them, it would be aligned with the E field of the mode.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
These points are needed to avoid ambiguity in specifying the orientation of the field at a port. Comsol wants to know the orientation of the field you are specifying, which is why that message appeared. Right click on your port in the Model Builder, to bring up the option to specify the axis vector points. Then select two points on the border of your port, such that if there was a line between them, it would be aligned with the E field of the mode.

Posted: 4 years ago 05.01.2021, 03:24 GMT-5

Thank you for your answer. And I have another question, when I import parts and choose to form an assembly, the temperature rise only occurs on the parts that I added power ports and the heat cannot be transferred to other parts, but this phenomenon does not occur when I choose to form a union. I wonder how to deal with it, thanks.

Thank you for your answer. And I have another question, when I import parts and choose to form an assembly, the temperature rise only occurs on the parts that I added power ports and the heat cannot be transferred to other parts, but this phenomenon does not occur when I choose to form a union. I wonder how to deal with it, thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.