Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Override properties

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

unable to find override properties under physics tool bar. please help

2 Replies Last Post 10.06.2020, 02:43 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 09.06.2020, 13:44 GMT-4

Hmm. In my experience, one overrides the properties of a domain (or surface, or edge, etc...) by specifying new properties for it, which then "override" the ones previously-specified (either by the user or by default). I am not familiar with an explicit "override" command or menu item, but Comsol Multiphysics is a very complicated tool, so I suppose there may be something like that in it, somewhere. :)

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Hmm. In my experience, one *overrides* the properties of a domain (or surface, or edge, etc...) by specifying *new* properties for it, which then "override" the ones previously-specified (either by the user or by default). I am not familiar with an explicit "override" command or menu item, but Comsol Multiphysics is a very complicated tool, so I suppose there may be something like that in it, somewhere. :)

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago 10.06.2020, 02:43 GMT-4

Hi,

You can control whether to display the Override and Contribution section, which appears in the Settings windows for physics features and lists which other physics features that feature is overridden by, overrides, or contributes to. To activate that display, open the Show More Options dialog box from the top menu in the Model Builder window and select the Override and Contribution check box under General. Overrides and contributions then also appear in the model tree as "node decorations" (red arrows for overrides and orange bullets for contributions).

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi, You can control whether to display the **Override and Contribution** section, which appears in the Settings windows for physics features and lists which other physics features that feature is overridden by, overrides, or contributes to. To activate that display, open the **Show More Options** dialog box from the top menu in the **Model Builder** window and select the **Override and Contribution** check box under **General**. Overrides and contributions then also appear in the model tree as "node decorations" (red arrows for overrides and orange bullets for contributions). Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.