Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle tracing for fluid flow: wall interaction limit!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Support Center,

I performed a fluid flow simulation (turbulent, k-epsilon) and then a particle tracing one. I employed 1000 particles and used "bounce" as a wall condition. This is fundamental to me. However, at the end of the simulation, I obtain a warning stating:" Some particles have been removed from the simulation because maximal number of wall interactions within one time step has been reached." Increasing the number of particles to 5000, I also obtain the following:" Some particles have been removed from the simulation because of a failure in finding the wall intersection."

What should I do? Thank you very muhc. Best regards, Andrea Giordano.

2 Replies Last Post 26.06.2020, 14:58 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andrea Giordano

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 4 years ago 15.06.2020, 02:09 GMT-4

Hello Andrea, I'm facing the same kind of problems. Did you find a solution for your problem?? If so, could you please explain me how you did it??

By the way, do you know how to generate a residence time distribution curve?? I've been trying it for days, but I cannot overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance for any answer. Jhoan

Hello Andrea, I'm facing the same kind of problems. Did you find a solution for your problem?? If so, could you please explain me how you did it?? By the way, do you know how to generate a residence time distribution curve?? I've been trying it for days, but I cannot overcome this problem. Thanks in advance for any answer. Jhoan

Hamid Rezaei University of British Columbia / Renewable Solid Fuel

Posted: 4 years ago 26.06.2020, 14:58 GMT-4

Please let me know if you could find the answer of this issue. I have the same problem.

-------------------
Hamid Rezaei, Ph.D.
Research Scientist at the University of British Columbia (UBC)
R&D Director at CanDry Technologies Inc.
Adjunct Faculty at New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) – Energy Management Department
Office 604 827 3419 | Cell 778 707 0866
h
Please let me know if you could find the answer of this issue. I have the same problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.