Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to read m.files in comsol 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

How to read m.files in comsol 4.2 that generated previously from comsol 4.2? Any idea, everyone?

3 Replies Last Post 11.10.2014, 02:45 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.11.2011, 07:00 GMT-5
I guess you could run the .m file in Matlab – LiveLink'ed to Comsol, obviously –, possibly remove the call of the solver sequence if that's part of the .m file, and then save the resulting model object as an .mph file using mphsave(...).
I guess you could run the .m file in Matlab – LiveLink'ed to Comsol, obviously –, possibly remove the call of the solver sequence if that's part of the .m file, and then save the resulting model object as an .mph file using mphsave(...).

Posted: 10 years ago 08.10.2014, 09:58 GMT-4

Hi,
I have connected Comsol and Matlab successfully.
I am simulating a two-dimensional photonic crystal.I can not plot the Bandgap in Comsol.So i research some information on internet,I decide to save the Comsol mph-file to Matlab m-file, but i don not know how to run the m-file, i run it in Matlab with some wrong :

??? Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Errors during multiphysics
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)

Errors during multiphysics

Errors during multiphysics.

Failed to find destination boundaries or destination selection empty.
- Feature: Periodic Condition 1 (pc1)

Could you help me?Thank you very much!Looking forward your perfect answer!
[QUOTE] I guess you could run the .m file in Matlab – LiveLink'ed to Comsol, obviously –, possibly remove the call of the solver sequence if that's part of the .m file, and then save the resulting model object as an .mph file using mphsave(...). [/QUOTE] Hi, I have connected Comsol and Matlab successfully. I am simulating a two-dimensional photonic crystal.I can not plot the Bandgap in Comsol.So i research some information on internet,I decide to save the Comsol mph-file to Matlab m-file, but i don not know how to run the m-file, i run it in Matlab with some wrong : ??? Java exception occurred: Exception: com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Errors during multiphysics (rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException) (rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException) Messages: Errors during multiphysics Errors during multiphysics Errors during multiphysics. Failed to find destination boundaries or destination selection empty. - Feature: Periodic Condition 1 (pc1) Could you help me?Thank you very much!Looking forward your perfect answer!

Posted: 10 years ago 11.10.2014, 02:45 GMT-4
I have already known the answer.thanks.
I have already known the answer.thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.