Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Active/passive component use in electromagnetic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I want to design in practical a ring resonator on substrate like rogers rt duroid 5880. With those rings, I want to use some passive/active components as well in order to improve performance. This would be helpful if someone guide me how to do this in Comsol. I can design ring embedded on substrate in comsol, but component like resistors, capacitors or inductors to add with that ring, I need suggestions.

Swadesh

1 Reply Last Post 11.06.2019, 08:20 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 11.06.2019, 08:20 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 11.06.2019, 08:20 GMT-4

In your layout, just add some 2D features (like squares or rectangles). These should be defined boundaries. You can then add lumped elements to these boundaries.

In your layout, just add some 2D features (like squares or rectangles). These should be defined boundaries. You can then add lumped elements to these boundaries.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.