Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Induction heating with single conductor coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi! I am a new COMSOL user and I am trying to model induction heating with a 3D single-turn single conductor coil (please see attached model). I get an error message to "solve [the coil] in a Coil Geometry Analysis step. The simulation works with a multi-turn coil but I am unable to solve it for a single conductor. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply Last Post 08.05.2019, 16:47 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 08.05.2019, 16:47 GMT-4

Michael,

the single conductor coil needs a 'Coil Geometry Analysis' step before the 'Frequency Transient Step'. You find that under Study 1 > Study Steps > Other >

Add it, make it Step 1 and reset the solver configuration to default.

Good luck Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Michael, the single conductor coil needs a 'Coil Geometry Analysis' step before the 'Frequency Transient Step'. You find that under Study 1 > Study Steps > Other > Add it, make it Step 1 and reset the solver configuration to default. Good luck Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.