Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic Field Formulation model won't converge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am quite inexperienced with COMSOL and am trying to simulate the influence of an aircraft's body on the geomagnetic field. I have done several simpler models on this, which have worked. But my final model, which differs from the model before by adding a horizontal stabilizer and dividing the airframe into different materials, does not. It does not converge anymore. My reasoning was that it must either be the added geometry or the added materials that cause this, since they are the only new things that are added. But I have tried removing them both from the simulation and neither helped. Can anyone help me determine why the simulation no longer converges?

Thank you in beforehand.

0 Replies Last Post 08.03.2019, 02:10 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Erik Sandlund

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.