Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

impedance of a piezoelectric

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How do I calculate the impedance of a piezoelectric element?
I am using 2D-axisymmetric (space dimension): piezoeletric diveces (pzt) modes with study: frequency domain.

6 Replies Last Post 17.11.2016, 22:55 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.09.2011, 03:43 GMT-4
If you are talking about electrical impedance it is as simple as: Impedance = Voltage / Current. In gerneral everthing is complex.

Cheers
Edgar
If you are talking about electrical impedance it is as simple as: Impedance = Voltage / Current. In gerneral everthing is complex. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.09.2011, 09:04 GMT-4

Hello Edgar,

How do I calculate the current (I)?

i am using I=intop1(2*pi*r*pzd.Jz)...take a look (file .docx), but i have not results for current (I)

thanks for your reply
Hello Edgar, How do I calculate the current (I)? i am using I=intop1(2*pi*r*pzd.Jz)...take a look (file .docx), but i have not results for current (I) thanks for your reply

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.09.2011, 09:43 GMT-4
Arlindo,

it seems you are integrating across boundary 3, which is on the symmetry axis. I think you must integrate across the interface between the brass electrode and the piezo disc.

Cheers
Edgar
Arlindo, it seems you are integrating across boundary 3, which is on the symmetry axis. I think you must integrate across the interface between the brass electrode and the piezo disc. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.09.2011, 10:14 GMT-4
Edgar,

Take a look !

Tkanks,
Arlindo
Edgar, Take a look ! Tkanks, Arlindo

Posted: 10 years ago 22.11.2014, 00:18 GMT-5
Hi Adlindo

Have you solved your question? I confront the same one as you, and I also found that many persons have those question of peizoelectric impedance. should someone can give us a simple modle to solve this problem.

Hi Adlindo Have you solved your question? I confront the same one as you, and I also found that many persons have those question of peizoelectric impedance. should someone can give us a simple modle to solve this problem.

Posted: 8 years ago 17.11.2016, 22:55 GMT-5
Now im doing my final year project. and its about formulation theory impedance in increasing power output of piezoelectric. The problem is till now i cant find any formula for impedance piezoelectric. can you help me to give any info or anything that related with impedance piezoelectric. i am really need it.
Now im doing my final year project. and its about formulation theory impedance in increasing power output of piezoelectric. The problem is till now i cant find any formula for impedance piezoelectric. can you help me to give any info or anything that related with impedance piezoelectric. i am really need it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.