Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Axial Symmetry in User Defined Physics -> Coefficient PDE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

---- SOLVED, i.e. problem in front of computer. I would like to delete the discussion but there is no option to do so. ----

Hi,

how do I get axial symmetrie in Coefficient PDE? I have a 2D Axial-Symmetry-Model. Whenever I create a new standard Physics, Comsol automatically adds the "Axial Symmmetry 1" as a boundary condition which you cannot remove.

When I create a Coefficient PDE, there is NO Axial Symmetry added by default and COMSOL does NOT allow to select the symmetry axis when I choose Boundaries -> Periodic Condition.

Instead I have a *Zero Flux *boundary condition which I cannot overwrite properly.

Alternative solution approach: Is there a way to define a flux which is NOT perpendicular to the boundary surface in Coefficient PDE? The perpendicular zero flux is not valid for me but I have no other option... Basically I want to have zero flux in r-coordinate as a boudnary condition, but the limit of the region is not perpendicular to r.

I appreciate your help,

Thanks Kup

---- SOLVED, i.e. problem in front of computer. I would like to delete the discussion but there is no option to do so. ----

0 Replies Last Post 04.12.2018, 11:35 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Achim Kupferschmitt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.