Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Capacitor - Electrode Deflection

Sanjay Mukuntha Madhava

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, we are trying to simulate a 3D capacitor and study the effect of voltages on the deflection.

One electrode is made of aluminium and is ground, the other electrode is made of silicon and has 10V applied to it along with 1 Pa Pressure.

The dielectric medium is Air (Have disabled it in my model)..

I have to simulate and measure the deflection varying the Voltage and pressure.

I am new to COMSOL and i have built both the electrodes...

My questions are

1) How do i place the dielectric (between the two electrodes or covering the whole model) - Since its Air, do i really need a Dielectric
2)How do measure the deflection due to both the Voltage and Pressure applied

Can someone help me please or stleast give some ideas?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sanjay

1 Reply Last Post 01.08.2011, 23:23 GMT-4
Sanjay Mukuntha Madhava

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 01.08.2011, 23:23 GMT-4
I used some of the examples and built this model, however i am still having problems...
The deflection of the electrode is not affected by the Voltage applied but otherwise it seems fine..

Can someone please look into it?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sanjay
I used some of the examples and built this model, however i am still having problems... The deflection of the electrode is not affected by the Voltage applied but otherwise it seems fine.. Can someone please look into it? Thanks in advance Regards Sanjay

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.