Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I modify the dimension of a CAD model in Comsol which I created in Solidworks

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I created a CAD model in Solidworks. I imported it to Comsol for simulation. However, I want to change the depth of the model in Solidworks in order to study the behavior of the model for each specified depth. Please, how can I acheive this. The Comsol model and the picture showing the depth are attached. Thank you so much.

3 Replies Last Post 02.07.2018, 11:36 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 02.07.2018, 08:22 GMT-4

Hello Samuel,

If your license includes LiveLink for SolidWorks, it's very straightforward: this video explains how do synchronize geometric parameters (for you: the parameter governing the depth of your part) between SolidWorks and COMSOL https://www.comsol.com/video/synchronize-parameters-solidworks-comsol-multiphysics

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Samuel, If your license includes LiveLink for SolidWorks, it's very straightforward: this video explains how do synchronize geometric parameters (for you: the parameter governing the depth of your part) between SolidWorks and COMSOL https://www.comsol.com/video/synchronize-parameters-solidworks-comsol-multiphysics Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago 02.07.2018, 09:13 GMT-4

Thank you so much, Jeff. I need to mention that my final destination is to use Livelink with Matlab to generate my result. This is the workflow: I built the model in Solidworks; imported it to Comsol to add mesh, materials, physics and study in Comsol; generate Matlab file in Comsol and compute the result of the Compliance for each depth of my model in Matlab. So, I want to be changing the depth of my model in Matlab. Please, help me with how I would interface Solidworks, Comsol and Matlab together seamlessly. Thank you so much.

Thank you so much, Jeff. I need to mention that my final destination is to use Livelink with Matlab to generate my result. This is the workflow: I built the model in Solidworks; imported it to Comsol to add mesh, materials, physics and study in Comsol; generate Matlab file in Comsol and compute the result of the Compliance for each depth of my model in Matlab. So, I want to be changing the depth of my model in Matlab. Please, help me with how I would interface Solidworks, Comsol and Matlab together seamlessly. Thank you so much.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 02.07.2018, 11:36 GMT-4

Have you considered doing a parameter sweep in COMSOL? That way all your solutions will end up in the same mph file. You can still do the post-processing in MATLAB if you want/need to.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Have you considered doing a parameter sweep in COMSOL? That way all your solutions will end up in the same mph file. You can still do the post-processing in MATLAB if you want/need to. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.