Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to limit the displacement of the armature in 0-0.5mm about the solenoid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, My model is a solenoid valve ,and the armature displacement range of 0-0.5mm. I use the Newton's second law to describe it :d(v,t)M-Fz+kp-4[N]=0, in it, d(v,t) is the acceleration, M is the mass, Fz is the electromagnetic force,k is the Spring stiffness, p is the displacement,4[N] is the pretightening force of Spring. In order to limit the displace in 0-0.5mm,I used "Event" to stop,but my result have a problem, as shown in attachment. During the time t1, because the electromagnetic force is less than 4[N],the displacement is minus. When the current is 0, the electromagnetic force changes to 0, and the armature acts as a return motion under the action of spring force. But during the time t2 , the displacement is also minus. So I want to ask how to add conditions to limit the displacement , making it change 0 during t1 and t2 ??? Look forward to your reply, thank you.

0 Replies Last Post 15.06.2018, 04:39 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 延飞 任

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.