Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Analytic function of Coordinate setting

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate elastic wave in plate in frequency domain, my input source is a "Prescribed displacement" on the surface ,and i want this displacement is a function of coordinate,just like Gaussian pulse. "disp0.005/(sigsqrt(2pi))exp(-(y-d/2)^2/(2sig^2)) " -->> it is OK but if i change the coordinate(rotation system) ,the variable become x1,x2,x3 and at displacement setting i select rotation coordinate system,input "disp0.005/(sigsqrt(2pi))exp(-(x2-d/2)^2/(2sig^2))" an error just say "undefind variable x2 i dont know how to express the coordinate variable x1,x2,x3 as a variable of function. please help me ! thanks

0 Replies Last Post 05.02.2018, 06:32 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Liu Ji We

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.