Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Joule Heating set-up

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have been running an electromagnetic heating simulation but I have a question regarding this. I haven't been able to find the answer in the documention so I decided to post my question here.

First of all, I have a geometry in which a current flows and consequently gets hot. To simulate this I use the Joule heating physics interface. My question is if I should enable a heat source and set it to "volumetric loss density electromagnetic" (see screenshot attached). In none of the examples this is added but for me this source seems neccesary. The results differ greatly when the heat source is active

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post 08.01.2018, 16:31 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fernando Maldonado

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.