Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The consistency of COMSOL's simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone, Recently I have met a very bizzard problem: the SAME model can produce very different result. In fact, I have two model: Model A and Model B. The Model B is model A's copy. In both two models, there are three variables: Fx, Fy and Fz. In theory analysis, the Fy and Fz should be zero and Fx should be a constant. In Model A and B, the simulations result of Fx is the same, which is normal. In Model A, the Fy and Fz is of order e-13. In contrast, the Fy and Fz produced by Model B is of oder e-11. In conclusion, the Model B's precision is much lower than Model A. Attention! All calculation is done in the same computer. After investigating two models, I found that the Mesh is slightly different in two models. However the mesh instruction sequence is exactly the same in two models. Is there some possible reason for this inconsistency? Thanks for any opinions! Xiaoqiu HE

0 Replies Last Post 15.11.2017, 02:02 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 啸秋 贺

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.