Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem in defining molar fraction (mole/mole) in "Transport of diluted species in porous media"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

I am using "Transport of diluted species in porous media" and "Darcy Law" for a flow of a solution containing a mixture of iron nanoparticle and polymer in water. Nanopartilce and polymer are my two species. The mixed solution should flow from an injection well into the groundwater. Right now the solution is flowing from the injection well radially.

But, I have to consdier polymer density. I have follwing equation for density calcuation. log(vis_sol) = xpoly* log(vis_poly) + xnano* log(vis_nano) + log(vis_water)

vis_sol= solution viscosity, vis_poly=polymer viscosity, vis_nano=nano partcile viscosity, vis_water= water viscosity, xpoly = mole of polymer/mole of water [molar fraction] xnano=mole of nanoprtcile/mole of water [molar fraction]

The main problem is I can not define this equation in variable section because my model takes the polymer and nanoprtcile as molar flux (mol/m.s) but not molar fraction. So the equation is not working.

Any idea to solve this problem or how I can define molar fraction in 'transport of diluted species"?? I will be grateful if anyone can help me out of this problem.

Thanks! Asad

0 Replies Last Post 30.09.2017, 23:02 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Md. Abdullah Asad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.