Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Darcy's law coupled with NS equation and structural mechanics

Carlos Alejandro Silvera delgado

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am a student, I am doing a 3D simulation where there is a cilinder, where the Laminar flow physics is selected, and in the surrouding a block that it's a poroelastic medium ( I used the solid mechanics and darcy's law module since I do not have the poroelastic module interface), I have got a problem because the fluid must flow from the cubic block(poroelastic medium) through the cylinder (laminar flow), but it doesn't happen.
The boundary condition imposed are:
-Costant Pressure in the outer surfaces of the block
-Outlet pressure in one the edges of the cylinder
-fixed constraint in the outer surfaces of the block
- leaking wall in the laminar domain
I have noticed that in the darcy domain the no flow condition is imposed in the interfaces where the fluid must flow from the porous medium to the cylinder.
How can I resolve the problem?
thank you for the potential answer

0 Replies Last Post 16.05.2017, 10:38 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Carlos Alejandro Silvera delgado

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.