Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

eigenfrequency study wineglass model (water-glass boundary condition)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am studying how the eigenfrequencies of a wineglass change when you add differents amounts of water to the glass.

I can easily model it when the glass is empty (without any water) and get the results. But, I am not sure how I can do it when some amount of water is added what boundary conditions, etc should I add.

I use the livelink for solidworks "plugin" to get the geometries from the solidworks, where I have the wineglass and the water geometry. But then I am not sure how to procede.

When the glass is empty I simply used the Solid Mechanics (solid) Physics and constrained the foot of the wineglass. When I add the water what Physics should I use? Fluid structure interaction? and if so, what "settings" should I be aware of?

I tried before with the FSI but when solving I got a error at the calculation (in the picture).

Thank you in advance for the help.

0 Replies Last Post 23.04.2017, 09:08 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Carlos Rodrigues

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.