Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL Gold Nanoparticle Electromagnetic Wave

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm a student at Pennsylvania State University and I'm trying to make a model for educational purposes. I am trying to create a model that shows that a gold nanoparticle can cause ablation of tumor cells when reacting with a near infrared light (700nm ish). I would like to try using the electromagnetic wave module to do this, however I've only worked with the heat transfer module. So my question is what properties will I need and any advice anybody can give me? How should I go about this problem?

2 Replies Last Post 09.07.2017, 22:08 GMT-4

Posted: 7 years ago 12.04.2017, 01:08 GMT-4
Hi Marilyn Myers,

I think you must check this video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u4pNpf0N2o&t=2s

Thanks

Hi Marilyn Myers, I think you must check this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u4pNpf0N2o&t=2s Thanks

Posted: 7 years ago 09.07.2017, 22:08 GMT-4
Hi, if you need advice about the tumor cells part, Creative Bioarray may can offer you some useful tips! Wish my answer can be useful for you!
Hi, if you need advice about the tumor cells part, Creative Bioarray may can offer you some useful tips! Wish my answer can be useful for you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.