Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flux over time Graph /Plot

Muhammad Shahid Manzoor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have Richard's equation model with two no flow boundaries on sides of square with top boundary as pressure head at 0.00001 m and bottom boundary as pressure head at 0 m . Model has initial conditions of pressure 0.001 pascal also with fracture thickness of 0.2 mm for fracture flow.
Now i need to plot a graph with flux over time. I have searched in 1-D plot group , but there is no option for flux over time for Richard's equation.
thanks

2 Replies Last Post 01.03.2017, 11:01 GMT-5

Posted: 7 years ago 27.02.2017, 04:03 GMT-5
Hi Muhammad,

Richards' equation physics (usually labelled 'dl') stores values for density and velocity fields, so if you want to see the flux on a boundary you have to type

dl.rho*dl.u (for horizontal flux)
dl.rho*dl.v (for vertical flux)

I hope this can help you!

Tommaso
Hi Muhammad, Richards' equation physics (usually labelled 'dl') stores values for density and velocity fields, so if you want to see the flux on a boundary you have to type dl.rho*dl.u (for horizontal flux) dl.rho*dl.v (for vertical flux) I hope this can help you! Tommaso

Muhammad Shahid Manzoor

Posted: 7 years ago 01.03.2017, 11:01 GMT-5
Hi Tommaso
thanks for the tip it worked. As i wanted to have it in m^3/s so i used this expression by using boundary integration method and global evaluation.
intop1(dl.v*dl.D)

Hi Tommaso thanks for the tip it worked. As i wanted to have it in m^3/s so i used this expression by using boundary integration method and global evaluation. intop1(dl.v*dl.D)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.