Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Poroelasticity equation definition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,
I am building a model in COMSOL 5.2 using Poroelasticity physics for Biofilm to investigate the mechanics of biofilm.
I have some problem regarding model understanding ( especially in solid mechanic of poroelastic material). I dont understand the governing equation S-S0=C:(E-E0-Einle)-alpha*Pf.
how this equation has been derived? then is the effect of permeate drag force has been considered in the model ?

I fully appreciate if anyone can help me in those question ASAP.

Regards,
Morez

0 Replies Last Post 16.01.2017, 05:03 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohammadreza Jafari

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.