Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Breakdown point (voltage) of the Schottky diode/barrier

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I built a Schottky diode and i want to find out the breakdown voltage by reverse biasing the model.
I been sweeping the model from from -100 V to 5 V with 0.1 step bias voltage. I still haven't get any breakdown yet. I think at least i need to see decrease in current, but in negative voltage side of the I-V curve of the diode always shows approx. zero (still flat).

Any idea? What should i do to see breakdown on this model?

Thanks,

0 Replies Last Post 02.01.2017, 15:30 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Burak Gerislioglu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.