Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help!! How to use the solution of ODE for the geometry in other component?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am new to COMSOL. I tried to learn from many COMSOL example models available. Recently I run across this example "Interpolation between points using a COMSOL App" with this explanation <www.comsol.com/blogs/using-radial-basis-functions-for-surface-interpolation/> which is close to my application. In the example, the set of point cloud is fit with radial basis function and solve for the coefficient and weight. Then the parametric surface is then created in another component. In the example they manually input value of coefficient and weight previously solved (they did not use variable) to fit the surface to the point cloud. They instead use the App to print the text to update the surface with new input point cloud.

My question is after the coefficient and weight are solved with ODE. How can I used them as variable for another geometry (surface fit) in Model Builder? What is the name of the variables that I can call them to use?

I am quite confused about how to call the name of variable in COMSOL Model Builder and what is their hierarchy. Could any of you point out the source to learn that? I tried several example models and still did not get the idea.
Example of my confusion:
I have point geometry and input set of positions. What is the variable name to call the position of point1 in x component?
How are Component and Study related?

Thank you for reading through this. I struggle this for several months

0 Replies Last Post 09.12.2016, 13:54 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Maria Chatrasingh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.