Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to find consistent initial values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all:
I am trying to couple two phase flow and structure mechanics together. In case of generating the huge gap between the initial condition and boundary load ( also inlet), I have already include a step function to eliminate this potential problem. However, it still has this consistent problem. I have also tried step by step, where I start with only two phase flow, phase field and moving mesh which works fine. Dependent on that, I add solid mechanics, where I fixed the interface between the flow and solid structure, and it also works fine. However, when I introduced the moving boundary into the interface, where flow and external load will deform the interface layer, then model goes wrong. Can any one help me to fix that? Thanks a lot. By the way, I also tried with add a point pressure constraint in the model, and it dodes not help.(Hint from previous discussion)
Here is the error:
Failed to find consistent initial values.
Undefined value found.
NaN or Inf found when solving linear system using PARDISO.
Last time step is not converged.
- Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1)

4 Replies Last Post 06.03.2017, 12:05 GMT-5

Posted: 8 years ago 09.12.2016, 06:44 GMT-5
Here is the model. Thanks all.
Here is the model. Thanks all.

Posted: 7 years ago 02.03.2017, 15:58 GMT-5
Hi,

Have you solved the problems? Now I encountered a similar problem, but it is the two phase flow part. I want to use the template model "two phase flow in column" given in the Application libraries to develop my own model. However, when i apply gas pressure condition on the bottom, there always appears error like yours. I think it should be some problems related to the van Genuthen model. Could you please give me some suggestion about that? Thank you so much for your help.
Hi, Have you solved the problems? Now I encountered a similar problem, but it is the two phase flow part. I want to use the template model "two phase flow in column" given in the Application libraries to develop my own model. However, when i apply gas pressure condition on the bottom, there always appears error like yours. I think it should be some problems related to the van Genuthen model. Could you please give me some suggestion about that? Thank you so much for your help.

Posted: 7 years ago 03.03.2017, 08:46 GMT-5
Hi Zhang Yi:
Unfortunately, I could not solve it yet. I made two models in 2D and 3D respectively, and the one in 2D can be initialized and the one in 3D could not even start. Would you mind uploading your template and I can help you take a look at it.
Best regards,
Xianfeng
Hi Zhang Yi: Unfortunately, I could not solve it yet. I made two models in 2D and 3D respectively, and the one in 2D can be initialized and the one in 3D could not even start. Would you mind uploading your template and I can help you take a look at it. Best regards, Xianfeng

Posted: 7 years ago 06.03.2017, 12:05 GMT-5
Hie,

Did you guys managed to solve it??

i am using Secondary current distribution+ transport of chemical species(conc)+flow in porous and free media interfaces and solving time dependent model with initialisation.. I am encountering following error...

Failed to find consistent initial values.
Last time step is not converged.
- Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1)

can anybody please help me to understand / solve this error.

Regards
Nive
Hie, Did you guys managed to solve it?? i am using Secondary current distribution+ transport of chemical species(conc)+flow in porous and free media interfaces and solving time dependent model with initialisation.. I am encountering following error... Failed to find consistent initial values. Last time step is not converged. - Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1) can anybody please help me to understand / solve this error. Regards Nive

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.