Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Derived value calculation from independant (electromagnetic+solid) eigenfrequency analysis

Guillermo Arregui Bravo

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I have built a 3D model of a nanostructure for which I want to calculate some coefficients that are calculated using some integrals that depend on both the electromagnetic and the displacement field. I want to calculate these coefficients for every pair of eigenfunctions of the electromagnetic field and the displacement field. I have therefore tried to perform two different studies, calculating the eigenfrequencies/eigenfunctions of the electromagnetic field and of the displacement field in the structure. The problem is this gives rise to two different data sets, therefore not being able to use data from the other one to compute the required integrals. If I do them as two steps in a same study (the steps being completely independant, solving the electromagnetic eigenfrequency first and the solid later on) I can calculate a derived value (my coefficient) but it calculates it for all displacement eigenfunctions. I do not know however which eigenfunction of the electromagnetic field it is using.

The ideal would be to perform the two analysis and to be able to generate a matrix which gives me the coefficient for any possible pair of eigenfunctions (one coming from the electromagnetic eigenfunctions and the other from the displacement eigenfunction). Although it seems like a simple computation once the electromagnetic eigenfunctions and the displacement ones computed, I do not manage to find a way to do so.

If anyone has any clue, it could save a lot of computation time!
Thank you

Guillermo

0 Replies Last Post 20.10.2016, 11:22 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Guillermo Arregui Bravo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.