Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Modelling with rotating part

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm new to COMSOL but recently took the intensive 2 days course.

I am having some issue with my modelling using COMSOL 4.4 and it would be great if you could help or point me to the right direction.

With the 2D model, I am getting the expected results around 43mV at the maximum received.

However, with the 3D model, even though the overall output shape is correct, the voltage is well below the expected value, around 375uV.
What I have noticed is when the TX_Elect* (the transmitter - At Rotation = 0 degree, The Electrode facing the RX_Proximal is the positive and its opposite is the Ground) rotates using Rotation as parametric) the boundaries changes but this is not dynamically changed in the Physics (Ground and Electric Potential) settings.

I have followed the Rotating Machinery 3D Tutorial as an example but still no success as now I am only getting 0 so reverted back to the default union.

I would be grateful if you could help and tell me what I am doing wrong.

I have attached the 3D model(File name: 3D model-v1).

Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post 04.10.2016, 04:34 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mamadou Diallo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.