Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

An empty cavity was created

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am doing cfd analysis in a filter considering laminar flow .During mesh process with coarse the meshing was successfully but when changed to normal or coarse i am getting error as ''An empty cavity is generated''. In one of the comsol discussions threads i studied about this error but there is no change in this error.
My question is
1- how to over come this error ?
2- The solution computed with coarse mesh will give the same results when computed with normal or fine mesh ?
3-I am using free tetrahedral in mesh ,by using free triangular ,quad etc is the mesh same or there will be any differences in the mesh and computation results ?

The comsol model is attached below.

Thank you in advance
Regards

4 Replies Last Post 22.09.2016, 13:58 GMT-4
Bjorn Bretz COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 19.09.2016, 02:50 GMT-4
As the sequence of geometry operations is set up, a few sliver faces are generated (see for example face 13 in the resulting geometry). These sliver faces make it difficult to generate meshes for some element size specifications. I have attached a model with a different geometry sequence which gives a geometry without sliver faces.
As the sequence of geometry operations is set up, a few sliver faces are generated (see for example face 13 in the resulting geometry). These sliver faces make it difficult to generate meshes for some element size specifications. I have attached a model with a different geometry sequence which gives a geometry without sliver faces.

Bjorn Bretz COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 19.09.2016, 03:13 GMT-4
The model attached to the previous message was saved in version 5.2. Please find the attached model saved in version 5.1.
The model attached to the previous message was saved in version 5.2. Please find the attached model saved in version 5.1.

Posted: 8 years ago 19.09.2016, 12:16 GMT-4
Thank you so much .It worked out and i understood the problem in the geometry in my file .
Thank you so much .It worked out and i understood the problem in the geometry in my file .

Posted: 8 years ago 22.09.2016, 13:58 GMT-4
Hi
I have introduced a semi-cylindrical solid for representing my porous matrix properties.But due to the build solid there is a error in the meshing ''failed to mesh the domain'' .I have also changed size for different domains by giving different sizes for different domains but there is no use same error occurs.

Can you please suggest me the how to overcome this error ?
Thank you in advance
Regards

Comsol model is attached below
Hi I have introduced a semi-cylindrical solid for representing my porous matrix properties.But due to the build solid there is a error in the meshing ''failed to mesh the domain'' .I have also changed size for different domains by giving different sizes for different domains but there is no use same error occurs. Can you please suggest me the how to overcome this error ? Thank you in advance Regards Comsol model is attached below

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.