Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define Complex-Permittivity material in Time domain RF module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to simulate the electric field for a structure by using plane wave in TIME DOMAIN, RF module.

Structure: An Air-box with a Bowtie antenna in it.

Problem: The material of the antenna has a frequency dependent permittivity which is essentially a complex number in this case. I tried to simulate but it is unable to calculate the complex E-field when the permittivity (frequency dependent) of the material is complex.

I need to get the complex E-field when the plane waves interacts with a material that has frequency-dependent permittivity. Any suggestion, how this problem can be solved ?

Please anyone let me know, that will be a great help !

-RA

2 Replies Last Post 31.08.2016, 14:03 GMT-4

Posted: 8 years ago 31.08.2016, 13:52 GMT-4
In permittivity box of material property, type complex number in format Dielectric Constant-loss factor*I
In permittivity box of material property, type complex number in format Dielectric Constant-loss factor*I

Posted: 8 years ago 31.08.2016, 14:03 GMT-4
Sir, can you please elaborate, what actually are you trying to say ?

Thanks,
RA
Sir, can you please elaborate, what actually are you trying to say ? Thanks, RA

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.