Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Find temporal location of the maximum of a variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to know at which exact time occurs a maximum of a variable, and so far I only got to know the maximum of this variable but not WHEN it occurs. I tried with the operator maxop1 but appearently it only works for the spatial location of a maximum, i.e. for the x,y,z location but not for the t. When I apply maxop1(V,t) it only returns me the maximum value of the time, which is always- obviously- the last time value of my simulation. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance.

3 Replies Last Post 15.08.2016, 10:58 GMT-4
Frank van Gool COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 15.08.2016, 07:42 GMT-4
Dear Adria,

have you tried the attimemax() operator?

Best regards,
Frank
Dear Adria, have you tried the attimemax() operator? Best regards, Frank

Posted: 8 years ago 15.08.2016, 08:47 GMT-4
Dear Frank,

Thank you for your reply. I didn`t know about the release of these new operators. Thank you, it seems to be what I was looking for according to the release notes. Nevertheless, I´ve just tried and GUI asks me for 4 arguments. Do you know which arguments would be these? I have tried with a time range and the variable as follows:

attimemax(V,0,1e-7,1e-4)

but it doesn´t work.

Thanks in advance

Adrià
Dear Frank, Thank you for your reply. I didn`t know about the release of these new operators. Thank you, it seems to be what I was looking for according to the release notes. Nevertheless, I´ve just tried and GUI asks me for 4 arguments. Do you know which arguments would be these? I have tried with a time range and the variable as follows: attimemax(V,0,1e-7,1e-4) but it doesn´t work. Thanks in advance Adrià

Frank van Gool COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 15.08.2016, 10:58 GMT-4
Dear Adria,

Please check the reference manual on these operators. On page 238 of the reference manual (version 52a) you can find more info on the needed arguments.

Best regards,
Frank
Dear Adria, Please check the reference manual on these operators. On page 238 of the reference manual (version 52a) you can find more info on the needed arguments. Best regards, Frank

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.