Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to selectively remove materials in a Heat Transfer model using filter in result node or geometry update using stop conditions?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am using a heat transfer model in COMSOL 5.2 version. The material consists of two domains. When the temperature is higher than the vaporization temperatures of the two materials, the materials should be selectively removed. I am trying to get this in the result node in 3D plot by using filter. My question is how can i use two vaporization temperature values in the logical expression to plot the selective material removal from both the domains? or is this also possible in the geometry update using stop conditions? Could you please help me out here?

Thanks and regards,
Uma Shankar

1 Reply Last Post 27.06.2016, 10:55 GMT-4
Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 27.06.2016, 10:55 GMT-4
Hello,

You may want to follow this approach:
www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-thermal-ablation-for-material-removal/

Best Regards,
Hello, You may want to follow this approach: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-thermal-ablation-for-material-removal/ Best Regards,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.