Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set all graphics altogether from different models

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
Please I need to find a way out for graphing multiple graphic results "2D plots" of different models altogether.

The subject is changing the core circle radius in PCF and plotting the corresponding electric field intensity vs a 2D cutline from the center till the end of the cladding radius in a 2D plot line for several radii

Thank you!

4 Replies Last Post 27.06.2016, 08:43 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 20.06.2016, 13:41 GMT-4
Hello Walaa,
The easiest is probably to perform a parametric sweep to have COMSOL vary those radii automatically for you. Then you can do the plotting within COMSOL very easily, since the data for each vale of the parameters lands in a single data set.
If on the other hand you need to have the analyses performed in separate COMSOL files, you will need to export the output you want to plot out of each file and into whatever format the software you want to use for plotting accepts (COMSOL can export result data in plain text files and Excel format if you have LiveLink for Excel). Depending on how many files are involved it may or may not be tedious, and may or may not be worth automating via a script (in MATLAB if you have LiveLink for MATLAB, or with Java).
Best,
Jeff
Hello Walaa, The easiest is probably to perform a parametric sweep to have COMSOL vary those radii automatically for you. Then you can do the plotting within COMSOL very easily, since the data for each vale of the parameters lands in a single data set. If on the other hand you need to have the analyses performed in separate COMSOL files, you will need to export the output you want to plot out of each file and into whatever format the software you want to use for plotting accepts (COMSOL can export result data in plain text files and Excel format if you have LiveLink for Excel). Depending on how many files are involved it may or may not be tedious, and may or may not be worth automating via a script (in MATLAB if you have LiveLink for MATLAB, or with Java). Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 26.06.2016, 11:30 GMT-4
Thank you very much Jeff for your reply.

I tried sweeping but unfortunately every core radius has its effective refractive index which has to be set separately. That's why I couldn't proceed in sweeping.

now I export the data to an excel sheet then to matlab. very long path but finally a way out ... Thank you!
Thank you very much Jeff for your reply. I tried sweeping but unfortunately every core radius has its effective refractive index which has to be set separately. That's why I couldn't proceed in sweeping. now I export the data to an excel sheet then to matlab. very long path but finally a way out ... Thank you!

Posted: 8 years ago 27.06.2016, 08:31 GMT-4
Hello Dear,
Please if you can have a look over the attached snapshot. the attached image is for a graph made by comsol but I can't figure it out.

Thank you all ways!
Hello Dear, Please if you can have a look over the attached snapshot. the attached image is for a graph made by comsol but I can't figure it out. Thank you all ways!

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 27.06.2016, 08:43 GMT-4
Hello Walaa,
I am not sure why you don't think you can do a parametric sweep. The software does allow you to sweep two (or more) parameters at the same time. See attached toy example.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Walaa, I am not sure why you don't think you can do a parametric sweep. The software does allow you to sweep two (or more) parameters at the same time. See attached toy example. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.