Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to edit a mphbin file?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

Is it possible to open and edit a geometry import file in Comsol? For example:

www.comsol.com/model/microwave-heating-of-a-cancer-tumor-30

At the Above application, there is a mphbin file which consists a rectangular geometry, I would like to convert it a circular geometry. How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Last Post 16.10.2016, 12:30 GMT-4

Posted: 8 years ago 07.06.2016, 00:56 GMT-4
Any idea?
Any idea?

Posted: 8 years ago 16.10.2016, 07:42 GMT-4
I'm also facing this problem. I can't scaling the range. Is there any solution?

www.comsol.com/model/absorbed-radiation-sar-in-the-human-brain-2190
I'm also facing this problem. I can't scaling the range. Is there any solution? https://www.comsol.com/model/absorbed-radiation-sar-in-the-human-brain-2190

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 8 years ago 16.10.2016, 12:30 GMT-4
Hi

I'm not sure I understand 100% what you want, but you can always add or subtract something from an imported *.mphbin file.

However, I believe that the internal format of mphbin is proprietary, something to ask "Support" for the full explanations.
Perhaps, one can edit a mphtxt, still I do not know how to read and interpret the text content. Anyhow I have always managed to adapt or change any imported file, but I must admit I have the "Design" module that allows me to do more advanced geometrical operations than in the basic COMSOL

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure I understand 100% what you want, but you can always add or subtract something from an imported *.mphbin file. However, I believe that the internal format of mphbin is proprietary, something to ask "Support" for the full explanations. Perhaps, one can edit a mphtxt, still I do not know how to read and interpret the text content. Anyhow I have always managed to adapt or change any imported file, but I must admit I have the "Design" module that allows me to do more advanced geometrical operations than in the basic COMSOL -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.