Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to plot error vs iteration number comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

All I can see is the "reciprocal of step size" vs "Time step" in the progress window of the solution but I do not know how to plot error vs iteration number in comsol. Can I do it real time or it will be shown after the solution is done? I appreciate your help. thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 05.07.2016, 19:49 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 8 years ago 30.05.2016, 17:12 GMT-4
Hi

check the Blog pages (and sometimes there are useful hints in the Knowledge Base too) all on COMSOL's web pages

i.e.
www.comsol.eu/blogs/category/all/meshing/
www.comsol.eu/blogs/category/all/solvers/
--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the Blog pages (and sometimes there are useful hints in the Knowledge Base too) all on COMSOL's web pages i.e. https://www.comsol.eu/blogs/category/all/meshing/ https://www.comsol.eu/blogs/category/all/solvers/ ... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 8 years ago 05.07.2016, 19:49 GMT-4
Hi Ivar,

I checked the links you provided regarding plot error vs. time. Those are helpful and I found we can use "resdiual" operator to plot error for a velocity field. I tried it for "Darcy's Law" to plot error vs. time for "velocity". But when I want to use it for "Transport of dilute solution in porous media" for plotting error vs. time for concentration , it does not work. It gives me for all times, an empty geometry without any results or data distribution on it !!! ... I was wondering if there is any other way to plot error vs. time.

It is strange that the default plot for comsol (convergence plot) shows "reciprocal vs. time" only and not "error vs. time" !!!!

Thanks,
Mehrdad
Hi Ivar, I checked the links you provided regarding plot error vs. time. Those are helpful and I found we can use "resdiual" operator to plot error for a velocity field. I tried it for "Darcy's Law" to plot error vs. time for "velocity". But when I want to use it for "Transport of dilute solution in porous media" for plotting error vs. time for concentration , it does not work. It gives me for all times, an empty geometry without any results or data distribution on it !!! ... I was wondering if there is any other way to plot error vs. time. It is strange that the default plot for comsol (convergence plot) shows "reciprocal vs. time" only and not "error vs. time" !!!! Thanks, Mehrdad

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.