Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How do I set up COMSOL so that the material properties parameters of the second study varies with the first solution as an initial condition?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm modeling thermal conductivity as a function of temperature rise due to stimulation. For this, I solved study 1 with user defined thermal conductivity (material properties) and temperature and used its solution as an initial conditions for the next study (study 2). But doing so, I will not be capturing the change in thermal conductivity as a function of temperature due to stimulation at that instance.What will be the best way to set up the model for this approach so that the thermal conductivity will be a function of local temperature rise after stimulation (at any time point) for one study and the solution from that can be fed as an initial condition for subsequent studies? 

How do I set up COMSOL so that the material properties parameters of the second study varies with the first solution as an initial condition? - ResearchGate. Available from: www.researchgate.net/post/How_do_I_set_up_COMSOL_so_that_the_material_properties_parameters_of_the_second_study_varies_with_the_first_solution_as_an_initial_condition [accessed May 6, 2016].

0 Replies Last Post 06.05.2016, 13:19 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nick Tamang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.