Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigenvalue equation - numeric problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the attached script I am trying to set up a problem where I solve the a differential equation on three different domains.
The differential equation is an eigenvalue equation on the generic form in comsol with a,c and d_a being the nonzero coefficients. The difference between the differential equation on the three domains is the value of the coefficient a.
When I ask COMSOL to solve the problem it gives me a solution that suggests that there is something wrong with the way I have set up the problem. Can anyone see what I did wrong and how I could fix it to give the correct solution?
Secondly, I want to add a another study that solves the Poisson equation in this geometry for some specified electron density. Is that possible to add? I am not sure how to add a second study.
Edit: I have now added a second differential equation which is Poissons equation for the same geometry. I want to solve this in a second study but if I click on add study nothing happens. What should I do?

0 Replies Last Post 02.05.2016, 10:02 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello August Mikkelsen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.