Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to plot time-dependent temperature profile at a point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have 1 question over here, i have been using the SAR head tutorial (Provided by comsol tutorial) to do research for my school project and i have 1 problem over here which is, i cant seems to plot temperature VS time graph. i had searched though the internet for solution and i did follow their steps but still i cant manage to get it. whatever i try to plot, the time will varies but the temperature remains the same throughout which makes my curve looks like one horizontal straight line.

I will really appreciate if someone can take a look at the attached picture (i can't seems to upload my model file here) and suggest to me what should i do next.

Thanks,
Boon

3 Replies Last Post 31.03.2016, 11:55 GMT-4

Posted: 8 years ago 28.03.2016, 06:26 GMT-4
Hi guys,

Anyone have any solution for the above problem? I have used the domain point probe for the above case, and run a time Vs temperature plot. The plot was successfully run but the temperature still remains the same thought out from time = 0 s to 360 s . Was wondering if there is anything i needed in the parameter or variable or ramp up to get the temperature running?

Thanks,
Boon
Hi guys, Anyone have any solution for the above problem? I have used the domain point probe for the above case, and run a time Vs temperature plot. The plot was successfully run but the temperature still remains the same thought out from time = 0 s to 360 s . Was wondering if there is anything i needed in the parameter or variable or ramp up to get the temperature running? Thanks, Boon

Posted: 8 years ago 30.03.2016, 01:37 GMT-4
Hi

Maybe this is stupid, but have you used Point evaluation under Derived values node? Then make a table graph. That is what your picture represents?

BR
Lasse
Hi Maybe this is stupid, but have you used Point evaluation under Derived values node? Then make a table graph. That is what your picture represents? BR Lasse

Posted: 8 years ago 31.03.2016, 11:55 GMT-4
Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Nope, i was not using point evaluation. i will explain again how i get the result by picture as i couldn't upload my simulation file.

1. i was using the Domain Point Probe under definition node (see picture 1), after that i enter the x, y z coordinates and fix the point.

2. i added the time dependent solver under study nodes, and typed the range that i wish to plot with (see picture 2).

3. i press compute button and the time-dependent i got the this result (see picture 3).

by the way, i am not sure about the point evaluation method under derived values nodes? can you explain a little bit more?

i found 1 under parametric sweep and there's this parameter which i not really sure what to enter in. I am really sorry if i have asked a stupid question, as i am still trying to get a hang of COMSOL at the moment. i hope my explanation is clear and if anyone at this forum can help me solve my problem too , i will deeply appreciate it. Thanks!

Regards,
Boon
Hi, Thanks for the reply! Nope, i was not using point evaluation. i will explain again how i get the result by picture as i couldn't upload my simulation file. 1. i was using the Domain Point Probe under definition node (see picture 1), after that i enter the x, y z coordinates and fix the point. 2. i added the time dependent solver under study nodes, and typed the range that i wish to plot with (see picture 2). 3. i press compute button and the time-dependent i got the this result (see picture 3). by the way, i am not sure about the point evaluation method under derived values nodes? can you explain a little bit more? i found 1 under parametric sweep and there's this parameter which i not really sure what to enter in. I am really sorry if i have asked a stupid question, as i am still trying to get a hang of COMSOL at the moment. i hope my explanation is clear and if anyone at this forum can help me solve my problem too , i will deeply appreciate it. Thanks! Regards, Boon

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.