Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Selecting geometary objecs inside another object

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,

For v4 RF, if a boundary of an object inside another object is to be selected, the one way that I know is from selection list. Is there any possibility to select it with graphical interface, by mouse click.

Thanks

Irfan

7 Replies Last Post 06.01.2016, 09:54 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.10.2010, 18:18 GMT-4
Hi

ave you tried to click several tims, normally you cycle through the objects "hit" by the projection view. Sometimes transparent or wireframe is showing it up better

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi ave you tried to click several tims, normally you cycle through the objects "hit" by the projection view. Sometimes transparent or wireframe is showing it up better -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.10.2010, 18:30 GMT-4
Hi,

Thanks Ivar, I tried multiple times hit, it worked.

Thanks

Irfan
Hi, Thanks Ivar, I tried multiple times hit, it worked. Thanks Irfan

Ruud Borger COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.10.2010, 05:09 GMT-4
Hello Irfan,

In addition to what you tried, it can help to hide objects that are in front of it. The hide-buttons are located above the graphics window.

What's more, once you have selected those "buried" surfaces, it can be helpful to save the selection. To do this, go to "Definitions" and then "Add selection". Alternatively, when you have selected them under a boundary condition, there is a small button that will automatically save the current selection. Be sure to give it an appropriate name though!

Good luck,

Ruud Borger,
Comsol
Hello Irfan, In addition to what you tried, it can help to hide objects that are in front of it. The hide-buttons are located above the graphics window. What's more, once you have selected those "buried" surfaces, it can be helpful to save the selection. To do this, go to "Definitions" and then "Add selection". Alternatively, when you have selected them under a boundary condition, there is a small button that will automatically save the current selection. Be sure to give it an appropriate name though! Good luck, Ruud Borger, Comsol

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.10.2010, 16:06 GMT-4
Hi,

It is really wonderful and what I am looking for.

Thanks

Irfan
Hi, It is really wonderful and what I am looking for. Thanks Irfan

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.10.2010, 05:02 GMT-4
Hi

do not forget that you can have several views (under definitions and under Results (postprocessing) with different "hide" levels (only for views under Definitions)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi do not forget that you can have several views (under definitions and under Results (postprocessing) with different "hide" levels (only for views under Definitions) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 05.01.2016, 00:00 GMT-5
Hi, I am trying to make one side of a triangle transparent but it is not working. Is there any simple way of doing it in Comsol 5.1 for ray optics module?
Hi, I am trying to make one side of a triangle transparent but it is not working. Is there any simple way of doing it in Comsol 5.1 for ray optics module?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 06.01.2016, 09:54 GMT-5
This is now a really old thread, but I want to point out that the default way to select geometric entities like boundaries changed a while back. The following link should be useful when it comes to the more recent versions:
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1168/
Best,
Jeff
This is now a really old thread, but I want to point out that the default way to select geometric entities like boundaries changed a while back. The following link should be useful when it comes to the more recent versions: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1168/ Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.