Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can't extrude 2D geometry - COMSOL 5.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.
I am currently working on a project where I need to analyse the heatflow of a heating/cooling system.
Last time I worked with COMSOL was when edition 4.3a was the newest, which gives me some problems now with v. 5.1.

I have created a 2D geometry, which I want to extrude to a 3D geometry. I simply just cannot find the "extrude"-option under "Geometry 1", which were the place in v. 4.3a.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem, or is this operation not available in this version anymore?

Kind regards,
Rasmus

2 Replies Last Post 08.02.2016, 04:49 GMT-5

Posted: 8 years ago 08.02.2016, 03:44 GMT-5
Sure it is there. Both under Workplan and Geometry 1.

Lasse
Sure it is there. Both under Workplan and Geometry 1. Lasse

Posted: 8 years ago 08.02.2016, 04:49 GMT-5
Yeah found it as well when I found out I had chosen 2D instead of 3D in the model builder..
Thank you for the reply nevertheless :)
Yeah found it as well when I found out I had chosen 2D instead of 3D in the model builder.. Thank you for the reply nevertheless :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.