Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to connect AC voltage source to devices?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Now I've been designing new device. There are two electrode in the solution covered with dielectric. I want to apply ac voltage to it. But I don't know how to do it.
If you know the solution, please let me know.
Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 09.02.2016, 15:14 GMT-5
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 09.02.2016, 15:14 GMT-5
Hi Hyungsoo,

You could use the "Terminal" boundary condition and use the "voltage" option or directly using the "Electric Potential" boundary condition. You must use the Frequency Domain Study for the ac simulation.
Alternatively, you could do it in Time Dependent study as well, but you must specify the electric potential something like:
V_input = V_peak*sin(2*pi*freq*t), where freq= frequency, and "t" is the time. If you wish to connect to the external circuit, it is also possible as done in this example:
www.comsol.com/model/transient-modeling-of-a-capacitor-in-a-circuit-12695

Best Regards,
Nirmal
Hi Hyungsoo, You could use the "Terminal" boundary condition and use the "voltage" option or directly using the "Electric Potential" boundary condition. You must use the Frequency Domain Study for the ac simulation. Alternatively, you could do it in Time Dependent study as well, but you must specify the electric potential something like: V_input = V_peak*sin(2*pi*freq*t), where freq= frequency, and "t" is the time. If you wish to connect to the external circuit, it is also possible as done in this example: http://www.comsol.com/model/transient-modeling-of-a-capacitor-in-a-circuit-12695 Best Regards, Nirmal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.