Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Third Harmonic Voltage Simulation/Temperature Oscillation under AC Current

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey there,

I just started using Comsol, so sorry if this question has been answered already, I simply did not find it. My problem is the following:

I want to simulate the temperature oscillation of a resistive wire to which an ac current of frequency f is applied. This temperature oscilllation should be at a frequency of 2f. When the resistor is temperature-dependent itself, this should result in the generation of a complex third harmonic voltage (i.e. voltages oscillating at 3f). So far I implemented my geometry, material parameters and boundary conditions and I conducted a stationary study (DC current) which worked out quite well giving me a temperature distribution for DC current excitations. I now would like to simulate the frequency response of the temperature and third harmonic voltage oscillation for different excitation frequencies f. I am not sure which solver to use here and even more I did not find any example/tutorial of how to detect/simulate signals at a higher harmonic of the excitation frequency.

Any help, suggestions, hint, link to appropriate examples is highly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Flo

0 Replies Last Post 14.12.2015, 05:43 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Florian Huewe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.