Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hard copy

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I got my first COMSOL4a, DVD for single user license. I want to know whether or not comsol supplied hard/printed copy of the Comsol Multiphysics User's guide? My supplier told that it has to be priced separately. Is it true??

Regards,
jack

2 Replies Last Post 24.09.2010, 16:26 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.09.2010, 07:51 GMT-4
Hi

as most other softwares I have, you get only pdf today, one tend to try to protect the enormous use of paper.

As such, it is a good thing, but I agree it's not that nice to read, specially when you get so much white borders and such a fine print for the text when you print these B format on A4 paper, even worse when you try 2 pages/page !

So I'm afraid it's like that. Paper copies are separate.

I'm woundering if I must not once buy a pdf reader, electronic paper seem to be the new trend, hope they are equipped with solar panels to charge them up, I do not have enough plugs at home for all the devices 4 persons uses :)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi as most other softwares I have, you get only pdf today, one tend to try to protect the enormous use of paper. As such, it is a good thing, but I agree it's not that nice to read, specially when you get so much white borders and such a fine print for the text when you print these B format on A4 paper, even worse when you try 2 pages/page ! So I'm afraid it's like that. Paper copies are separate. I'm woundering if I must not once buy a pdf reader, electronic paper seem to be the new trend, hope they are equipped with solar panels to charge them up, I do not have enough plugs at home for all the devices 4 persons uses :) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.09.2010, 16:26 GMT-4
/out of topic

I'm woundering if I must not once buy a pdf reader, electronic paper seem to be the new trend, hope they are equipped with solar panels to charge them up, I do not have enough plugs at home for all the devices 4 persons uses :)

I agree. It is both more green, easy to read and also dictionary helps reading touch stuff. I got into this e-reader business for a month already and could narrow down to 2 options. One is kindle 3 (preferably DX, but expensive) and new sony reader touch 650 (to be released in Oct.). Their charge lasts +2 weeks up to a month, so no hassle.

/out of topic [QUOTE] I'm woundering if I must not once buy a pdf reader, electronic paper seem to be the new trend, hope they are equipped with solar panels to charge them up, I do not have enough plugs at home for all the devices 4 persons uses :) [/QUOTE] I agree. It is both more green, easy to read and also dictionary helps reading touch stuff. I got into this e-reader business for a month already and could narrow down to 2 options. One is kindle 3 (preferably DX, but expensive) and new sony reader touch 650 (to be released in Oct.). Their charge lasts +2 weeks up to a month, so no hassle.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.