Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to constrain displacement of the rotation axis?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I simulate torsional micromirror using electrostatic actuation. The electrostatic force make a rotation and vertical displacement of the micromirror.
I want to constrain the vertical displacement and study only the rotation.What should I do.
Thanks a lot.

2 Replies Last Post 25.11.2015, 12:02 GMT-5

Posted: 9 years ago 25.11.2015, 10:02 GMT-5
Hi Ahmed Bahgat,

If I understand you right you want the mirror to only rotate around the anchor axis?!
Have you tried to neglect the anchors and apply fixed constraint to the faces where the anchors are.

Maybe, one could help better if you provide the mph file.

Best,
Nicolas
Hi Ahmed Bahgat, If I understand you right you want the mirror to only rotate around the anchor axis?! Have you tried to neglect the anchors and apply fixed constraint to the faces where the anchors are. Maybe, one could help better if you provide the mph file. Best, Nicolas

Posted: 9 years ago 25.11.2015, 12:02 GMT-5
Hi Nicolas
Thanks for reply.
The effect of the electrostatic actuation cause the mirror to rotate and deform in vertical direction.
I want to study the rotation effect only and constrain the vertical bending.
Due to the limitation of the file size, this is the link for the mph file.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B-fgIOKhezCxMDZwMWVLMzJNUDg/view?usp=sharing
best regards
Ahmed BAHGAT
Hi Nicolas Thanks for reply. The effect of the electrostatic actuation cause the mirror to rotate and deform in vertical direction. I want to study the rotation effect only and constrain the vertical bending. Due to the limitation of the file size, this is the link for the mph file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-fgIOKhezCxMDZwMWVLMzJNUDg/view?usp=sharing best regards Ahmed BAHGAT

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.