Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature at a certain point in a solid structure?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using comsol 4 and I found a model of a human body online and I have imported it into comsol. I set up the boundary conditions and get a suitable answer from the slice graphs but I cannot seem for the life of me to get a temperature profile with time of a point on the inside of the model (it only gives me the choices of the outside edges of the model and points at connections). I am using the transient model.

When I try to insert a point into the model to analyze that point, I get an error of "internal error in geometry composition."

I have tried inserting a small sphere inside of the model (to pick a point on it's edge) but I can't seem to get the continuity between the 2 objects to transfer heat within each other (the boundary is thermally insulated). Even if I put the sphere into the heat transfer in a solid it still stays thermally insulated.

TL;DR: How do I pick a point to be evaluated without putting the point on the model?

Thanks a million,
Chris Golding

4 Replies Last Post 23.03.2014, 05:01 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.09.2010, 07:21 GMT-4
Hi

in V4 you have many ways around for the postprocessing, among others make a copy of you solution (right click on data set) add a 3D point on the new copied solution set and define the coordinates of this point, then you can ask for plots or global datavariable values for this point.

Try out the numerous ways to plot the results, test the right click, there are often sublevels overlooked quite deep in the tree and the "more =>" options (or other names for grouping less used items) have many hidden jewels

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V4 you have many ways around for the postprocessing, among others make a copy of you solution (right click on data set) add a 3D point on the new copied solution set and define the coordinates of this point, then you can ask for plots or global datavariable values for this point. Try out the numerous ways to plot the results, test the right click, there are often sublevels overlooked quite deep in the tree and the "more =>" options (or other names for grouping less used items) have many hidden jewels -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.09.2010, 23:56 GMT-4
Thank you! This worked out perfectly!
Thank you! This worked out perfectly!

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.10.2010, 06:40 GMT-4
Hello Chris,
May I please know where did u get the human model and who did u import it.
I have an assignment to work on human model. Can i have the details. Thank you
Hello Chris, May I please know where did u get the human model and who did u import it. I have an assignment to work on human model. Can i have the details. Thank you

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.03.2014, 05:01 GMT-4
Hi Chris,

Please, could you send me the geometry of your human body ? I need of this geometry to perform the calculation of the electromagnetic field scattered by a human...

Thank you
Hi Chris, Please, could you send me the geometry of your human body ? I need of this geometry to perform the calculation of the electromagnetic field scattered by a human... Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.