Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh problem in a magnetic core and coil model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I built a structure contains a magnetic core and multi-turns of coils wounding it,
when it comes to mesh, it works perfectly at first,
but after I add an air(medium) block covering it, the mesh always failed.
I tried to mesh step by step, mesh the coil first, magnetic core second, it turns out successful.
When it comes to the air, I got an error 'Intersecting face elements', I don't know why.
If anyone knows how to solve it, that will be great.
Thanks

PS:The geometry was created by SolidWorks, and I imported into Comsol.

1 Reply Last Post 21.02.2016, 03:53 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mathew Chung

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 21.02.2016, 03:53 GMT-5
I met with the same question. I tried to mesh the geometry more precisely, which is proved to be helpless. Hope someone can solve the problem.

PS: My geometry was also created by Solidworks. The configuration of the project is same with the given example 'Modeling of a 3D Inductor'.
I met with the same question. I tried to mesh the geometry more precisely, which is proved to be helpless. Hope someone can solve the problem. PS: My geometry was also created by Solidworks. The configuration of the project is same with the given example 'Modeling of a 3D Inductor'.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.